The task of organising an event is not easy but keeping in mind a few essential tips can help a lot.
Italy is the perfect destination for a program, whether is an incentive or a meeting you have in mind. We have unique locations and venues, beautiful hotel properties for different size events, plus a great array of activities to offer.
Learn how to plan a corporate event, an incentive travel or meeting with these 5 essential tips:
Decide your objectives and goals
Take into consideration the number of attendees and when you want to plan your event and allow plenty of time for proper planning. Decide what the event is for: presenting a new product – hosting a company meeting – organising an incentive to reward guests for their hard work.
Establish a budget for your event
This is a major component when planning a program and deciding all components, from destination to hotel category and activities to include.
Having a budget will allow you to line up costs of the different components to avoid unwanted surprises. Keep very close control all along the way and make adjustments as needed to keep final cost within the budget originally planned.
Select the destination and date
Italy has many different destinations and some are very seasonal and with several logistics to be considered. Just to give you a little help here is a short list to keep in mind:
- Rome – Florence – Milan – Venice – Turin
These destinations are good all year around and coming in low season (winter) may save you something on the budget with better hotel rates.
- Amalfi Coast – Sicily – Italian Riviera – Lake Como
All these fantastic locations are better enjoyed when coming between April and September.
- Apulia & Sardinia
These 2 destinations are wonderful to visit from late May to end of September having the seaside as a major component of the eventual program.
Put together a great team
Having the right people around you will make the planning easy and organised.
Start selecting within your colleagues to proceed to the local expertise of a reliable DMC.
Fourth Dimension Italy has been helping teams from all around the world to plan successful events all around Italy since 1975. We specialise in incentives, meetings and special interests deluxe experiences in all the Italian destinations so do not hesitate to contact us for a preliminary talk.
Plan the perfect program
The perfect daily program will take a lot of effort and planning and has to include at least the following components that will apply differently to an incentive or meeting.
- Proper site inspection prior to the program execution
- Goof flight schedules and smooth arrival transfers for all guests
- Prepared local staff to help guests with all their needs
- Welcome Reception
- Meeting Sessions and/or Keynote Speaker in the right space with proper A/V
- F/B themed lunches and dinners using local wines and foods to make your program more eco-sustainable
- Planned activities to get to know the destination where the event takes place, such as art tours, sport activities, team building activities and CSR opportunities.
- Unique Venues for Themed Group dinners and/or Gala Dinner with proper local entertainment
- Corporate Gifts from a local source to avoid customs and transportation costs
- Pre and Post Trip Options as this is becoming a common feature for some upper scale events
These are just simple points and a few suggestions to start. Planning a perfect event takes a lot of patience, time and hard work. We look forward welcoming you to Italy for a successful corporate event with Fourth Dimension Italy, your DMC for a perfect destination experience.